Temperature Sensors


Project Details:
Temperature Measurement And Recording System
Guidance: Sh Harbans Lal, Scientist 'G'
July 2012

Executive Summary:

This was a team project comprising of total three members, including myself. As a team we were required to design a temperature measurement and recording system with the help of PIC micro-controller (PIC 16F877A), using DS18B20 as the temperature sensor, so that it would be used by the organization for measurement applications in Explosions and Blasts with the required sensors. The PIC microcontroller was coded in C Language, MicroC being the coding environment. The code was programmed onto the PIC Micro-controller using PICFlash

Achievements:

The very first project which entailed me towards the realms of micro-controllers was with Technophilia Systems, on Advanced Robotics And Embedded Systems, where I learnt coding AVR micro-controller using C. I was able to successfully transfer my skills of coding a AVR Microcontroller to code a PIC Microcontroller which was used in this project. I successfully coded a PIC microcontroller using C language. The platform for working was MicroC and PICflash. It helped me hone my skills working with micro-controllers further.
Working with micro-controllers and interfacing external sensors, has broadened my horizons of thinking. Therefore, whenever i take up any project, i have the acumen to think about the viability of the product in the industry and how can it be implemented well in the industry.

Detailed Report: pdf